New Economy Project works with community groups to build a new economy that works for all, based on principles of cooperation, democracy, equity, racial justice, and ecological sustainability.
We do this by:
- Coordinating campaigns and coalitions that promote economic democracy, challenge Wall Street corporations, and hold government accountable
- Providing community education and capacity-building training for NYC community groups
- Conducting research and GIS mapping to support economic justice organizing and advocacy
- Bringing impact litigation that advances financial justice for low income New Yorkers
- Investing in cooperative development, through our community loan funds.