POLICY ASSOCIATE FOR COMMUNITY LAND TRUSTS
Deadline to apply: July 7, 2023
New Economy Project seeks a mid- or senior-level Policy Associate to join our community land trust (CLT) campaign team and develop effective policy, funding and organizing strategies that bring land and housing into community ownership. This is a new position and exciting opportunity to join NYC’s growing CLT movement.
- Work with grassroots, member-led organizations and other coalition members to develop and win state and local policies that strengthen CLTs, expand deeply- and permanently-affordable housing, and promote community control
- Represent New Economy Project in meetings with elected officials, at public forums, with media, and in other spaces
- Expand mission-aligned funding and development support for CLTs, working with coalition partners, affordable housing groups, community development lenders, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate training and technical assistance for community groups working to develop CLTs and social housing
Organizing and Movement Building
- Participate in the NYC Community Land Initiative and other coalitions fighting for land and housing justice and community control
- Participate in New Economy Project’s strategic planning sessions, and collaborate with our public banking and other campaign teams to develop shared communications, advocacy, and organizing strategies
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least seven years of professional experience working in affordable housing, community development or related fields, with a strong track record of success.
- Expertise in affordable housing policy, finance and/or development, preferably in New York City or State.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, and gender justice, and to building power of poor and working people.
- Ability to work effectively across racial, gender, class and other identities.
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
We will consider a candidate’s full range of educational, professional, and life experience. We do not require any specific level of formal educational attainment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, with an expected annual salary range between $68,000 and $90,000. New Economy Project offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b) and flexible spending plans, and generous paid-time off, including a three-month sabbatical after five years.
New Economy Project’s office is located in NYC. The position requires flexibility between in-office and remote work. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all staff.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter as one PDF document to: email@example.com, with “Policy Associate” in the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter: (a) your interest in and qualifications for the position; (b) how you learned about this job posting; and (c) how our work aligns with your values. Deadline to apply: July 7, 2023.
New Economy Project is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace, and to providing staff with ongoing professional development opportunities. We actively recruit and encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds to apply.