Job Posting – Part-Time Community Outreach Associate
New Economy Project seeks to hire a new, part-time outreach associate to conduct targeted outreach to seniors groups and other organizations. The part-time outreach associate will play a vital role informing organizations about our free financial justice hotline, disseminating our know-your-rights resources, and setting up community workshops for older adults and other New Yorkers.
New Economy Project works with community groups to build an economy that works for all—rooted in racial and social justice, cooperation, neighborhood equity, and ecological sustainability. We work closely with neighborhood groups to advance community land trusts, public banking, worker cooperatives, community-controlled finance, and other community-led initiatives that build power and community wealth in Black, brown, and immigrant neighborhoods.
Core responsibilities for this position include:
- Extensive telephone, email, and in-person outreach to organizations that work with low-income older adults and other New Yorkers
- Wide dissemination of our know-your-rights material
- Scheduling and supporting numerous know-your-rights workshops
- Tracking all outreach, using Google apps and our organizational database
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated experience conducting outreach to diverse organizations and/or equivalent experience
- Be extremely organized, motivated, and task-oriented
- Possess strong writing, interpersonal communication, and time-management skills
- Enjoy picking up the phone and engaging with a wide range of organizations
We will consider a candidate’s full range of educational, professional, and life experience. We do not require that candidates possess any specific degrees or levels of formal educational attainment. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND OTHER DETAILS
Compensation: $23-$26/hr., commensurate with experience. Hours: 15-25/week. The position is for immediate hire and expected to run through 6/30/23 (with a possibility of extending). Supervision and other support will be provided. This part-time position is not eligible for New Economy Project’s benefits package.
New Economy Project’s office is located in Manhattan. Most work for this position will be conducted in-person at our office. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all staff.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Community Outreach Associate” in the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter: (a) your interest in and qualifications for the position; (b) how you learned about this job posting; and (c) an area of our work you find especially compelling, and how it aligns with your values.
New Economy Project is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace, and to providing staff with ongoing professional development opportunities. We actively recruit and encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds to apply.