New Economy Project seeks an energetic Office Manager to join our team. The Office Manager will play a vital role providing administrative and operational support across the organization to advance dynamic racial and economic justice campaigns in New York City.
New Economy Project works to build an economy that works for all, rooted in racial justice, cooperation, neighborhood equity, and ecological sustainability. We combine coalition-building, cutting-edge legal and policy advocacy, popular education, applied research, communications, and other strategies in our work. We work closely with neighborhood groups to advance community land trusts, public banking, financial and worker cooperatives, and other community-led institutions that build power and community wealth in Black, brown and immigrant neighborhoods.
The Office Manager’s core responsibilities include:
- General office duties, including answering telephones; responding to inquiries; processing mail; and managing supplies
- Processing accounts receivable and payable
- Serving as the primary point of contact with IT consultants and vendors
- Providing logistical support for meetings, fundraising and other events
- Working with staff to submit lobbying reports
- Tracking activities through the organization’s calendar, database and other systems
- Providing core administrative support for our legal team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will:
- Embrace New Economy Project’s vision, mission, and commitment to transformational change, racial justice, just transition, and economic democracy
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented, and an innate problem-solver
- Have at least three years of experience in office administration in a busy office setting
- Enjoy working independently and in teams, on a range of projects
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively across racial, gender, class and other identities
- Be punctual and reliable, with excellent time-management skills
- Have experience with IT and CRM database management
We will consider a candidate’s full range of educational, professional, and life experience. We do not require that candidates possess any specific degrees or levels of formal educational attainment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience, with an expected annual salary range between $48,000 and $60,000. New Economy Project offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b) and flexible spending plans, and generous paid-time off, including a three-month sabbatical after five years.
New Economy Project’s office is located in NYC. Most staff members currently work remotely. The position will require flexibility between in-office and remote work, with an expectation in the immediate term that the Office Manager will work in-office at least 1-2 days per week. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all staff.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Office Manager” in the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter: (a) your interest in and qualifications for the position; (b) how you learned of this job posting; and (c) an area of our work you find especially compelling, and how it aligns with your values.
New Economy Project is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace, and to providing staff with ongoing professional development opportunities. We actively recruit and encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds to apply.